Sunday, December 22, 2019

Rough Sketch of Dixon Family Tree



I haven’t done a detailed family tree on Ancestry.com. In the meantime, I thought it might help everyone to have a brief outline of the players involved in the Dixon family from the first immigrants to the baby boomers.

G1 John Dixon and Anne Stead
G2 Joseph Dixon (later Sr.) and Grace Shaw
G3 Joseph Dixon (Jr.) and Mina Kershaw
G4 George Dixon and Della Fisher
G5 Wilma Jean (Thacker), Jerry Dixon, Jim Dixon and Don Dixon
G6 Rich, Curt, Tim, Jim and John Thacker; Jay, Lee and Todd Dixon; Bruce and Kent Dixon and Tonya (Hostetler); Joni (Lacey) and Cary Dixon.

Many of you who could be seeing this for the first time are in G7 or G8. There are a couple of mentions of G7 members in the blog. If you attend an IU basketball game you are assured of getting your picture in the blog! Also, joining the military is a lock to get in the blog! Anyone besides Dustin serve?

(Sarah and Randy Dixon are G7. I don’t think we have much on G8 members. Elliot, Zach, and Brody Sain and Willa Dixon are G8.) I feel like the natural thing to do is to let this suffice for G1 thru G5 and get somebody in your more immediate family to start collecting pictures and stories about those and new generations in a separate blog or book.

If you are not well versed in family history, it may help to print out the chart and have it beside you as you read the articles. I often restate relationships as I write, seemingly ad nauseum, but I think you could still get lost. There are many other relatives that are important members of the family and are often in the blog, but if you know these basics it will help to understand their connection to the Dixon family.

Update: I have completed my Ancestry.com research now.

No comments: