Thursday, November 18, 2021

Grandpa Fisher, historian

 Ray Elliott, my dad’s cousin, sent me an amazing newspaper article about a talk given by Grandpa Fisher to the local historical society. Grandpa Fisher owned land on both sides of the Little Wabash river.


Ray also sent me a great picture of Grandpa Fisher.


The bridge was lost eventually, but still generates interest from family and bridge aficionados. I found an amusing story in the comments section of the post for The Old Iron Bridge over the Little Wabash. It has several photos of the remains, taken at considerable risk (so he says), by one of the bridge hunters. I’ll try to copy a link below, but make no promises.


https://www.bigdogadventures.com/1OldIllinoisBridges.htm

Scroll down 90 photos or so until you see the second day photos. The Old Iron Bridge was the second bridge he visited on the second day of the trip.



No comments: